Design Code of Practice
by Zzeus Training Ltd
This fire alarm technicians introduction to design course and covers the basic application and interpretation of BS:5839 part 1 and where it fits with legislation and the buildings fire risk assessment. This module covers the need for a fire alarm, categories of systems and areas protected, system components, detection zones, basic design. This module must be completed to continue on to the other modules and is part of the four and five day course leading to the EAL Level 3 exam.
Aims & Objectives Module 1:
- BS 5839 Part 1 & Risk Assessment
- Control and indicating panels
- Detector Types
- Categories of Life and Property Protection
- Circuit Monitoring, integrity and zone types
- Non addressable and addressable fire systems
- Alarm (dbA) recommendations
- Manual call points, Detector heights & coverage
- Effects of obstructions on coverage. Battery standby duration.
- Cable Types
- False alarms
- Certification for: Design, Installation, Commissioning and Inspection.
Key Course Details
View below important information about this course if you have any questions, please contact us today...
This fire alarm technicians introduction to design course and covers the application and interpretation of BS: 5839 part 1 and where it fits with legislation and the buildings fire risk assessment. This is the must have module as it covers all of the updates as well as the basics of BS5839-1:2017.
Electricians, Designers, Installers, Commissioners, Maintainers, Electrical Supervisors, Premises Management, Fire Risk Assessors.
The course will provide an understanding of fire detection and fire alarm system design which complies with BS 5839-1:2017 as well as legislation. 8 hour CPD course certificate, and the first module of the four modules required before the Ofqual approved Level 3 examination can be taken.